One reason that people shy away from the keto diet is because they just cannot seem to give up their bread! Well, I have the solution for you all. This super easy keto bread is made entirely in the microwave! It is just a simple bread that you can make a sandwich with, use as a hamburger or hotdog bun, or even just as buttered bread as a side for a meal! Each loaf is only about 1.5 net-carbs (depending on the ingredients that you use) and can be cut in half or even quarters if you like thinner bread!
- 2 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Flax Seed (optional)
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 egg
- First, grab your favorite mug or ramekin and lightly spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Then, mix the almond flour, baking powder, and ground flax seed in the greased mug or ramekin. Set aside.
- Place butter in a separate dish then pop it into the microwave for about 15 seconds until melted nicely.
- Add the egg and melted butter to your bread mix and mix very well with a fork, the longer you mix the better it turns out! If you don’t incorporate the egg well enough with the bread mix it will not reach the desired fluffiness of bread!
- Pop the mixture into the microwave for 90 seconds until your bread has pulled away from the sides of the dish and is slightly firm.
- Remove the bread from the dish by flipping it onto a plate, it should come out easily.
- Let cool, cut to desired thickness & serve!
The reason I love this bread so much is because of how easy it is to make! Once you get the hang of it, making this bread will be like second nature! Once you get the hang of it you can always add some of your favorite seasonings. Personally, I like to add some basil, salt, pepper and a pinch of garlic powder to give it some extra flavor but it is not necessary!
I hope you guys enjoy 🙂